Some things are just absolutely priceless.
- Traveling back to your hometown to see family.
- Going to a game in the stadium you grew up in as a kid.
- Proudly wearing our Colorado gear at an away game.
- Watching our Buffs win a game against Arizona State in Tempe for the first time ever.
- Being there for Colorado's first win on the road against a ranked opponent in 17 years.
- Watching Mel Tucker rocking the sidelines in shorts as his CU team moved his record against ranked teams to 2-0.
- Sharing all that with your spouse and son and Arizona family.
- Celebrating with other CU fans during and after the game.
That distinction came at the end of the 1994 season, when Bill McCartney's final Colorado team beat Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl, 41-24.
Happy to say, I was there for that game as well. So, my Buffs are 2-0 in the Valley of the Sun with me in the stands.